Friday, May 30, 2014

This has been a week of tests and I am sorry to say that next week will be the same!
This week your children completed both the fluency and comprehension reading tests for the year.  We also completed the state sponsored math tests for computation and application of skills.  I do not score these tests, they are sent to a neutral party but I think our kids did well!

Next week, I will be giving the 5 minute times fact tests for the last time.  Please have your child give it one more push!  I will also be administering the District year end math test and starting the final Priority word testing.

Other than that...

Reading:  We are continuing to work on independently reading upper level comprehension passages and answering factual and inferential questions.

Math:  We are completing reviews of regrouping, word problems, time and money.

Writing:  We are beginning a very relaxed poetry unit.  I love to watch the children let their ideas go!

Social Studies:  We have completed our Flag Day posters and have begun coloring.  The performance will be Tuesday, June 17th at 2:20.  Next week, we will begin researching individual states!

As you know, I'm sure, there will be NO MORE formal homework this year.  Children are still expected to practice spelling words, reading and facts.  Spelling tests WILL continue.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment