Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentines Day!
What a hectic week!  Thank you so much to all of you who contributed to our WONDERFUL staff Luncheon.  It was a feast and I was humbled by our parent generosity.  I also appreciate the many people who took time out of their busy schedules to come and see me to discuss their child's progress.  It is a joy for me to be able to hand out such good news.

Reading:  We continued to work on reading passages, finding textual evidence and developing main ideas.  You are probably noticing a HUGE improvement.

Math:  We have completed our addition regrouping unit.  The children are using models, pencil and paper and mental math to solve increasingly complex problems.  I am very proud.

Science:  We completed our simple machines unit this week and will begin Balancing and Weighing right after vacation.  We will also work in our healthy body unit.

Writing:  We completed and displayed our informational PowerPoint presentations.  The children and I are very proud of their many accomplishments.

Again, I appreciate all you do to make my class a success.  Have a wonderful vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment